Saturday, October 12, 2013

ALL BETS ARE OFF

After everything that had happened to me after August 28 (when I had gotten that Skype message from Sylence Darkheart about how the City of Laura was fun before I “turned it into a Panther Den”) until September 19 (when Ice of Blood Moon Panther Lair was captured in the Gorean Wilds on Roleplay Oasis) I was pretty much working to try and regain my confidence once more. When Ice was captured I admit I wandered around the Northern Forest and the Exchange Point after I had escaped from the one who captured her so I can try to clear my head and think on where to go. The options I had were as follows:

  • Go back to the Blood Moon hidden camp
  • Continue the trip Ice and I were planning to take to the north to hunt verr and vulos
  • Return to the City of Laura and reopen it
  • Wander around the Forest until something or someone comes up

I chose to wander about the Forest for a while, giving myself some time to think on a couple of things and also letting time dictate what happens. Now I had one person call me a gamer and say I had no honor because with the patrols in the Forest I would not have been able to escape like I did and hide in a cave. I am willing to wager this person (who shall remain nameless) was one who entered the Forest as a gim a couple of days prior and say that unless the Lair had disbanded that all of Ice’s property would have reverted back to the Lair regardless of if I had escaped or not. And by the way, I have scripts of my escape on the other computer and can readily call them up if anyone disputes it. If that person or anyone else in the Lair (ie. the Leader) had wanted me to return they would have found me and captured me, but they did not. After all, I was out there two weeks alone and had only one other panther girl try something but RT grabbed her.

After two weeks of wandering I decided no more and talked to a good friend and room controller of Forest Falls. She said I was welcome to go to her home and be a member there. I had done so, and as of yesterday I had become the keeper of the Inn which is in that home. Ever since I had gone to her home and actually felt more at home there than in the Forest, I have adopted four words as my motto:

ALL BETS ARE OFF

 

What do I mean by that? Simple. Like my friend says and it is a philosophy in her room, one person’s RP fun should not be another person’s RP nightmare. And as another friend of mine said, I should think about my own fun in roleplay and not worry about what others think about my style. If you do not like it, then fine. As for me, I am worrying on my own roleplay and those I call friend and who share a home with. No one else matters.

Any questions about it, feel free to email me, skype me, or contact me outside of the rooms.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

No comments: